Did you know that a leaking tap can waste up to 10,000 litres of water a year? This is worrisome, considering the climate we live in. Sometimes, the leaks are small and subtle, but can still waste a lot of water and money.
If you are a residential property owner in Perth or the Mandurah metro area, you can receive a $100 rebate from Water Corporation when you get a leak repaired.
Just follow these three easy steps to get a $100 rebate from Water Corporation:
Not sure if you have a leak? Water Corporation has an online leak detection tool. All it takes is 15 minutes.
Once you have detected the leak, contact a licensed plumber and gas fitter, such as our team at Link Plumbing and Gas Service, for a repair. Our licensed plumbers and gas fitters are skilled and qualified to detect and repair the leak. They will also provide us with the following information that the Water Corporation requires when submitting the rebate:
- Your meter number.
- Write down the meter reading after the repairs.
- Make a note of what was leaking, i.e., taps, showerheads, etc., which will be on the invoice.
- A description of the repairs, which will also be on the invoice.
- If it is an irrigation leak, ask if you have a manual isolation valve or master solenoid installed.
The Water Corporation requires the information above, so remember to have the licensed plumber and gas fitter to write them down for you.
And that’s it! You can claim your rebate by filling out Water Corporation’s Leak Assist application form.
Once your claim is approved, you will see the $100 rebate deducted from your next water bill. Note, though, that rebates are limited, so it’s better to get your leaks repaired sooner and submit your application right away.
The following terms and conditions apply.
- You must submit your application on or before 15th June 2021.
- You must be a residential property owner.
- You can only apply for one rebate per property.
- Your property must be connected to Water Corporation scheme water.
- Your leak repairs must be done by a licensed plumber.
- You have a copy of the invoice from the plumber (dated on or after 8th July 2020), which includes the plumber’s license number, the description, and the location of the leak.
Please refer to the full terms and conditions on Water Corporation’s website.
Get Your Leaks Detected and Repaired by Link Plumbing and Gas Service
Please contact our team at Link Plumbing and Gas Service on 6252 0326 or email@example.com for all your leak detection and repair needs.